Public ATM switch
04 Dec 2015
Duration: 4 day(s)
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Discuss ATM as a network technology.
- Install and configure all members of the Marconi ATM switch product family, including the ASX-200BX, TNX-210, ASX-1000/1200, TNX-1100 and ASX-4000 Series.
- Backup and restore configuration databases.
- Perform ATM switch software upgrades.
- Perform ATM switch hardware maintenance.
- Create policeable network connections (PVC and SPVC-based).
- Configure network timing.
- Configure Circuit Emulation Services (CES).
- Configure Inverse Multiplexing over ATM (IMA).
- Configure Ethernet interfaces.
- Perform basic network troubleshooting.
The Public ATM Switch course was designed for systems engineers and technical operations/support personnel in a public environment who require a thorough understanding of Marconi ATM products. Students must possess knowledge and familiarity with basic networking terminology, Wide Area Network (WAN) concepts and IP protocol.
- ATM Cell Format
- Virtual connections
- NSAP addressing
- ATM Basic Concepts
- ATM service categories and traffic types
- Connectionless vs connection-oriented
- ATM adaptation layers
- Marconi ATM Switch Product Overviews
- Product specifications
- Hardware installation and configuration
- Port layout
- ATM Switch AMI Navigation
- Management configuration
- Login from the serial port
- AMI line editing
- Navigation in AMI
- AMI connection commands
- Initial IP Configuration
- ATM switch "IP" interfaces
- IP address configuration
- Initial Switch Configuration
- Setting system date, time and name
- Switch security (UserIDs, passwords and Access Control Lists)
- Starting a Telnet session
- ATM Switch Maintenance
- Configuration database (CDB) operations
- Flash file system management
- Switch control software upgrades
- Bootp operations
- Switch environmentals
- Web based management (Element Manager)
- PVC and SPVC Connections
- Virtual circuit review
- VPT, VCC and VPC connections
- Policing overview
- UPC contract configuration
- SPVCC/SPVPC overview
- SVC Network Connections
- Configure signalling parameters
- LEC only configuration
- Classical IP (CLIP) over ATM configuration
- ARP server configuration
- Client configuration
- NSAP addressing
- Network Timing
- Timing and framing
- Timing distribution throughout the fabric
- Circuit Emulation Service (CES)
- Circuit emulation hardware
- Structured and unstructured CES
- CAS and CCS signalling
- Unstructured and structured CES configuration
- Inverse Multiplexing over ATM (IMA)
- IMA operation
- Role of IMA hardware
- IMA group configuration
- Ethernet Interfaces
- 10/100 netmod hardware overview
- 1 GB netmod hardware overview
- Common netmod features
- PVC configuration
- SPVC configuration
- LEC configuration
- CoS to QoS mapping
- Advanced traffic management configuration
- Network Troubleshooting
- Redundancy (Appendix)
- Functionality of redundant SCPs, TCMs, power supplies and fan trays within the ASX-4000 Series switches
- APS redundancy and dual SCP configuration
- Frame Relay Interfaces (Appendix)
- Frame Relay and ATM interworking
- Network and service interworking
- Multi-Link Frame Relay (MLFR)
- FramePlus & Ch DS3 FR netmod characteristics and configuration
At least 40% hands-on.